Hi, my name is Alexander. I’m 36 years old, and I live in St.Petersburg, Russia with my wife and 2 cats. I have a full-time job optimizing websites for search engines, and my life outside office is devoted to 2 major hobbies:
I have already visited almost every country in Europe, also Turkey, China and Japan. I enjoy meeting people, learning about lifestyles and cultures, and feeling the vibe of different cities.
World of Warcraft
It’s the only PC game I play now, and it’s really a passion. I’m a fan of the universe since 90s.
About me and this blog:
1. The blog is devoted only to my gaming experience and my toons’ cool stories in which they participated in World of Warcraft. No casserole recipes, lolcat pics or what I watched last night on TV.
2. I’m a semi-casual player who enjoys spending evenings and weekends in the world of Azeroth and its stories.
3. I dig the lore. I enjoy questing and achievements.
4. I’m no raider beyond LFR. LFR suits me best, because I want to kill 3 bosses in 40 minutes, not 4 hours, join with any alt I feel like playing, and do it in convenient time. I’m not into PvP at all – it feels like a waste of time to me.
5. I don’t use any addons.
6. I will never pick a talent, a class, or a spec for better numbers – if another one is better in terms of a comfortable and fun gameplay.
7. I’m an altoholic, because every character is a character, not a function.
8. I play both the Horde and the Alliance with pleasure – because they unveil their own pieces of lore. It’s always useful and sometimes vital to see another approach to the same events. Still if I had to choose I would definitely join the Alliance.
9. I do not support hateful or scornful speech towards races or factions. There is a very thin line between a joke and an insult, and most people fail to see it.
10. My favorite race are Gnomes, so that’s why the blog is called Gnomecore.