Hi, my name is Alexander. I’m 36 years old, and I live in St.Petersburg, Russia with my wife and 2 cats. I have a full-time job optimizing websites for search engines, and my life outside office is devoted to 3 major things:
I have already visited almost every country in Europe, also Turkey, China and Japan. I enjoy meeting people, learning about lifestyles and cultures, and feeling the vibe of different cities.
I’m playing keyboards, composing songs and writing lyrics for my fantasy/folk-metal band. The band’s concept is about dark magical forest creatures which inhabit an imaginary Black Village and play brutal tricks on humans.
We play live since 2005 and recorded several albums loved worldwide. You are welcome to check us out – free stream listening and downloading is available at our Bandcamp. And you’re welcome to check our pages in Facebook, VK and Instagram.
World of Warcraft
It’s the only game I play now, and it’s really a passion. I’m a fan of the universe since 90s.
About me and this blog:
1. The blog is devoted only to my gaming experience and my toons’ cool stories in which they participated in World of Warcraft. No casserole recipes, lolcat pics or what I watched last night on TV.
2. I’m a semi-casual player who enjoys spending evenings and weekends in the world of Azeroth and its stories.
3. I dig the lore. I enjoy questing and achievements.
4. I’m no raider beyond LFR which suits me best, because I want to kill 3 bosses in 40 minutes, not 4 hours. I’m not into PvP – it is a waste of time to me.
5. I don’t use any addons.
6. I will never pick a talent, a class, or a spec for better numbers – if another one is better in terms of a comfortable and fun gameplay.
7. I’m an altoholic.
8. I play both the Horde and the Alliance with pleasure – because they unveil their own pieces of lore. It’s always useful and sometimes vital to see another approach to the same events. Still if I had to choose I would definitely join the Alliance.
9. I do not support hateful or scornful speech towards races or factions. There is a very thin line between a joke and an insult, and most people fail to see it.
10. My favorite race are Gnomes, so that’s why the blog is called Gnomecore.