Let’s roll through the list of my predictions, past, present and future. So far I’ve predicted this:
- We go into Nazjatar;
- Azshara survives the raid, and with a ‘Bwahahaha’ disappears;
- N’Zoth is now active and trying to corrupt Azeroth the Titan;
- Sylvanas is dethroned, yet not killed and leaves Horde/Alliance to be… for now.
=== you are here ===
- At Blizzcon, 8.3. is announced via machinima cinematic;
- 8.3. will deal with N’Zoth. Every expansion ends in the darkest place, and this time it is deepdown Ny’alotha, where N’Zoth corrupts Azeroth;
- Azerite necklace + dragon (Wrathion efforts) + Xal’atath the Person play role in defeating N’Zoth;
- Xal’atath the Blade is off the grid, because it already played its role.
- Azeroth the Titan hatches and leaves us be, going towards the Red Star to her kin and Sargeras.
- 8.3. will start PTR right after Blizzcon.
- We may step into Ny’alotha before Christmas, but the final raid opens in late January-March.
- 9.0. will be revealed at Blizzcon via a movie cinematic.
- Sylvanas, as a face of Warcraft on Blizzcon poster, serves as a link to 9.0. – one of the major villains of Death-themed expansion.
- 9.0. will be released August – November 2020 (either late Summer or at Blizzcon);
- To keep players busy until 8.3., Blizzard opens another Classic raid, launches anniversary events in retail, and releases Warcraft III Reforged.
That’s a pretty big list for the franchise, enough for Brian Holinka to be that much excited on Twitter. Let the hype begin!