So far, I’m happy with my alt name roster.
- Gorhaug – is an awesome orc name, fits my warrior too.
- Jammu – sounds quite tauren, and is a bit playful cause you could think of ‘jam’ (as in ‘strawberry jam’)
- Fearella – this fits my warlock, a pretentious goblin who just had to try on a name to run from. Even if she’s actually quite cheerful.
- Schlitzchen – I was happy with the name of my goblin shaman since the beginning.
- Anibell – suits my paladin, a light, sonant and powerful name.
- Baisa – is for my gnome hunter, quite a neutral gnome name.
- Paitsu – this one has this oriental vibe, and fits my gnome monk perfectly.
- Micromantica – this is my main frost mage. It is quite inventive. Probably I would have chosen a more gnomish one for a new toon, but it would mean changing her identity completely. This name has the longest history in my WoW.
I wasn’t so happy with my rogue gnome’s name Pietra. It had some… Italian vibe, which has nothing to do with her personality – a focused, secretive ninja, a shadow blade. A couple of days ago she was changed to a more gnomish and roguish Pins.
And now with the last of my toons – the priest. Here she is:
Her name in Cyrillic spelled Ауринко (Aurinko), Aurinko meaning ‘the Sun’ in Finnish. I was quite happy with the name. Yet upon transfer the nickname had to be changed into Latin letters, and it was obviously taken. I didn’t think this through, and just switched one letter to Aurinka.
Now I’m thinking of changing it.
What do I want?
- Preferably starting with an ‘A’
- Two or three syllables, to make it short and shiny gnomish (Addie, Izra, Pommie, Tilly, Kelsie as player and NPC examples).
- At the same time, flowing and smooth like elven and draenei names. A bouncy name like Kelsey fits prefectly to a rogue or a hunter, but not for a caster, especially a healer caster. Think Oulu, Auri, Moana and stuff like that :)
- The idea is to convey the idea of clear skies – may or may not contain a reference to birds, skies, clouds, rain, rainbow, light, color white or color blue, sun, aura, also priesthood things, angels – or make you think of it when reading the name of senseless letters.
- Obviously, with a chance of not being already taken :)
I’d be grateful for a brainstorm in the comments! I’ve literally broken my brain during the past two weeks. Every idea may be the new name or a spark that will ignite my creativity :) Let’s play?