Z & Cinder’s Blog Challenge – Topic 36 – is about saying farewell to Legion :)
Here’s the questions we have for tonight:
Part 1 – What were your top 3 moments in Legion?
This could be anything! We want you to take a moment to look back and think about what it was that made Legion a great expansion for you? Did you achieve something in game for the first time during Legion? Was there a quest line or NPC or zone that you absolutely fell in love with? Or was there a piece of music or a mechanic that you fell in love with. Share your favourites in this topic.
My list is as follows:
1. Touching moments. I will remember the heartbreaking moments of Ysera, Varian and Vol’jin demise. I will also remember some good tunes – particularly majestic Argus piano theme, Stormheim and Highmountain themes.
2. Finishing Gul’dan :) The bastard had to go, and it was quite epic. He wasn’t misplaced in some weird environment. We stopped him from doing a dangerous thing. He was a 100% warlock in a fight, and a 100% dangerous. I think he would be my most favorite raid’s last boss of the expansion in every aspect.
3. The whole Suramar thing. People love rebels, accept that. The story was rich, it had chapters and development, it had a perfect raid to end it. The environment, although quite hostile, was cosy in a pervert way.
4. Healing. It was the first time I healed raids in any expansion, and I definitely liked it for most classes (not you, pally). To an extent when I queued for healing role in the first place, not dps.
5. Immersement. I will list here most different things. We got some knowledge how we make our items in professions (not just bang a piece of ore with a hammer). We even got an idea how our mail travels between characters! The artifact stories. The class orders and class champions. The characters’ and peoples’ backgrounds and stories (all types of elves, draenei, vrykul, demons). In short, we’ve got very deep insights on many common things, and it was quite cool.
6. Life improvements which will stay. A reworked and useful mission table, a flightmaster whistle, world quests system, PvP talents separated from PvE, and many more.
Part 2 – What are you most looking forward to about Battle for Azeroth?
For this one, it’s time to look forward. Whether you’re Horde or Alliance, there is much to look forward to in the new expansion. This topic isn’t necessarily focused on zones or NPCs that you’re looking forward to seeing (though that, of course, absolutely counts and of course feel free to write about these!) but maybe it’s something more than that. Are there some goals that you’re wanting to achieve now that a new expansion is on the horizon? Are there changes coming to your class that you are really excited about?
All right :)
1. Zones and exploration. Of course I’m longing to see the new lands – exploring is what I enjoy both IRL and in game. Most of all I want to see Tatooine-like desert in Zandalar (it’s been a while since we saw some open spaces) and Drustvar for their witch theme. If you type ‘witch’ on Wowhead search… there will be no proper witches. Only troll witch doctors and casting harpies. I’m so glad that Blizzard finally addresses this big thing in the world’s culture.
2. Seeing the story. Despite the beginning appeared to be very heavy emotionally, we now all want to know where this all goes. How the conflict will be resolved? What fate awaits the Warbringers? And what is the place of the Old Gods amidst all that? I expect surprises like in Pandaria – we didn’t know that Garrosh would be the final boss, or that we will fight Zandalari in the last but one raid.
3. Dark Irons! Of all the Allied races, it’s my most anticipated race, and I’m rolling (or rerolling) one as soon as I’m able to do so.
4. Old location revamps. We will have significant location changes – although Silithus, Tirisfal and Darkshore are torn by war and not cool to be at, Arathi Highlands will become an eye candy, a lush forested zone. Even destruction of favorite spots (like Loch Modan in Cataclysm) is refreshing. I’d like to see new events happening in older zones, not eternal gnoll/murloc petty threats for starting characters. It’s a thriving world of Azeroth, and I want to see it developed.